Students will be introduced to the theory and practice of crafting effective visual communication messages for various media commonly used by advertising and public relations professionals. Students will create persuasive messages using relevant software tools, industry language, and terminology to evaluate and assess effective visual communication messages.
- Explain the essential elements of good graphic design and their value in persuasive communication.
- Develop the ability to design and emphasize images to enhance professional communications.
- Identify good visual communication principles to guide viewers through layers of information.
- Illustrate how to use space as a component of good communication in various media.
- Employ principles of good typography for optimum viewer comprehension.
- Demonstrate the ability to solve visual communications problems by producing communications collateral. Interpret graphic design work and provide constructive criticism through regular critiques.
- Evaluate the rationale and effectiveness of student work.
- Travel Guide Publication
- Creative Brief
- 16-20 pages content pages
- Specialty Project Tutorials
- InDesign Classroom in a Book Tutorials
- Photoshop Classroom in a Book Tutorials
- Discussion Posts