This course concentrates on the principles, evolution, functions, and applied public relations theories, including the social, ethical, and legal issues that impact the public relations function. The strategic practice of public relations in different contexts and environments, from corporate to non-profit, is discussed, as are careers in the profession.
- To recognize the different forms of public relations and to define and differentiate each part.
- To recognize the relationship between business and the community.
- To understand how public relations is a part of our individual lives and how our society and government can be influenced through public relations.
- To understand the relationship between the media and public relations practitioners and how each uses the other.
- To explore the history of public relations.
- To be able to create a variety of public relations materials.
- To understand the relationship between advertising, public relations, and the other parts of the promotional mix.
- Hubspot Content Marketing Certification
- Campaign: Fandom Cookbook Promotion
- Situation Analysis
- Planning: Goals, Objectives, Strategies, Tactics
- Action and Tactics
- Informational Interview
- Networking Event Attendance
- Online Discussions