â€œGreat Class, best teacher Iâ€™ve ever had. Cares about her students.â€
â€œProf. Oser is so intelligent and cares about her students. She is an amazing, knowledgeable professor.â€
This course will give students a foundation of the tools and methods used for designing, constructing, and maintaining a World Wide Web site in a hands-on computer environment. This course focuses on â€˜real-world problem-solving techniques and provides a hands-on approach to provide a framework in which to apply the software concepts. These concepts will be practiced using Adobeâ€™s Dreamweaver, Fireworks, and other web tools and libraries. Each student should expect to master the following skills during the course:
- Students can structure a website utilizing current HTML / CSS layout techniques.
- Students can create roll-over navigation systems and other graphically based interactive web elements.
- Students will be able to create basic animated graphics optimized for web usage.
- Students will be able to use online resources and libraries to enhance the usability and content of a site.
- Students will have a basic understanding of and be able to use entry-level server-side interactions on a website.
- Students can organize, structure, upload, and update websites using common standards and practices.
- Website Development: HTML, CSS
- Dreamweaver Classroom In Book Assignments
- Site of Day Presentations